Assignment option #2: responding to readings: making a case
Assignment option #2: responding to readings: making a case.
For this assignment, you will compose a brief essay where you will develop an opposing case in response to one of the following readings
- Does Patriotism Matter? (Chapter 9, p. 228)
- Right to Bear Arms (Chapter 9, p. 229)
- Why Prisons Don’t Work (Chapter 10, p. 238)
- Multitasking: A Poor Study Habit (Chapter 10, p. 254)
As you write, keep in mind that this is not a critique of the existing case. Use the reading of your choice as motivation to form and advance your own claim about the same issue discussed in the reading.
- Support your arguments with credible sources accessed through the library.
- Follow the basic essay format.
- Develop a thesis that includes three supporting ideas that will be repeated as level I headings.
- Place the thesis at the end of the introduction.
- Include level I headings for each body paragraph and the conclusion.
- Use third person.
- Cite at least two credible sources. One must be a scholarly journal article
- Your written paper should be 2-3 pages in length not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
- Your paper must be formatted according CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.