International business unit viii case study
International business unit viii case study.
Unit VIII Case Study
Bodolica, V., & Waxi, M. (2007). Chicago food and beverage company: The challenges of managing international
assignments. Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies, 13(3), 31-42.
Please answer the following questions after reading the case study:
1. Which staffing framework do you recognize in this case study? Explain its characteristics and the advantages to
using this type of framework?
2. Would this type of staffing framework affect Paul’s ability to get things done? Why, or why not?
3. Explain if any of the other staffing frameworks would be any better? What can you recommend to the company’s
headquarters in this sense?
4. Why does Paul want this job? Is Paul a good candidate for this expatriate position?
5. What comments can you make on expatriate management in general? And what comments can you make on the
expatriate recruitment policy in particular?
6. What are the different expatriate compensation methods you recognized in the text? What are the advantages
and disadvantages of these different expatriate compensation methods?
7. What do you suggest to the U.S. headquarters’ human resources manager in order to improve the expatriate
Your submission should be a minimum of three pages in length in APA style; however, a title page, a running head, and
an abstract are not required. Be sure to cite and reference all quoted or paraphrased material appropriately in APA style.