Gang stories | Criminal homework help
Gang stories | Criminal homework help.
For this assignment, you will analyze the life of someone who has been involved in a gang. You can use the video in the link below, or you can use your own life experiences if you or someone you know has been involved in gangs.
My story; from gangland daughter to star teacher
Use the information on page 125 of your textbook (Table 5.2) to start your analysis of Pearl Arredondo’s life story, your own story if you have been affected by gangs, or someone you know. Then write a 4-6-page paper answering the following questions:
- How was she able to rise above crime, delinquency, and gang life?
- Identify at least four factors that you believe are important for one to understand the origins of the juvenile’s delinquent behavior.
- What protective factors helped Pearl Arredondo (or the person in your own story)?
- What risk factors did she face?
- Apply at least two research-based early intervention programs described in Chapter 9 that Pearl Arredondo could use in the school program she created.
Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources. You may research local, federal and state statues in your state to illustrate your point. The Strayer Library at research.strayer.edu is an excellent place to start.
The paper should follow guidelines for clear and organized writing:
- Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph.
- Address main ideas in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
- Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.