Using information to support sourcing decisions
Using information to support sourcing decisions.
The purchasing manager has provided the following information for your use:
Amount Thousands US$
Number of Suppliers
- Assuming that the amounts shown represent the total annual spend (Amount/Total Amount) calculate the percent of spend for each category.
- Classify each spend category as either low or high complexity and summarize your reasoning.
- Create a 2×2 Risk/Value matrix showing each of the five spend categories placed in either “High” or “Low” Risk group.
- Explain why you placed each item in the selected category.
Submit your assignment as an MS Word document.
- Must be 600-900 words (excluding title page and references page) in length, double-spaced and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center. Contextual (Level One) headings must be used to organize your paper and your thoughts. Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must utilize a minimum of one scholarly and/or peer-reviewed source from the University of Arizona Global Campus Library in addition to the textbook. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.