Assignment 2: project wbs & schedule | BUS 419 Project Estimating and Budgeting | Strayer University
Assignment 2: project wbs & schedule | BUS 419 Project Estimating and Budgeting | Strayer University.
Due Week 7 and worth 75 points
Note: This is the second of four assignments which, as a whole, will cover all aspects of the project life cycle relevant to your selected project.
Now, it is time to develop a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and project schedule for the project that you discussed in Assignment 1. This assignment requires you to:
- Create a WBS for your project using the proper format (MS Word, MS Excel, Visio, or any other applicable format) to depict WBS graphically (see Figure 4.1 from Chapter 4 of the Gedo textbook). Alternatively, you may use a coded format using MS Word (see Figure 4.3 from Chapter 4 of the Gido textbook as an example). The example is in MS Project format but the same could be done in MS Excel.
- Create a project schedule that lists all of the core activities, dates (start and finish), and resources to complete your project. While it is recommended that you use MS Project, you can use MS Excel to create your schedule. Your project schedule must contain at least 30 separate activities/tasks.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze project management processes for scheduling and sequencing work components.
- Appraise the process of determining the cost and relevant budget required for a project component.
- Evaluate systems for cost tracking and budget monitoring