Penn foster 060143rr | Management homework help
Penn foster 060143rr | Management homework help.
1. A/an _______ is an innovator who has created at least one successful store and seeks partners to operate the same concept in other local markets.
2. Which of the following is an example of a value?
D. Rational ability
3. Most small business ventures are located in the _______ quadrant of the entrepreneurial strategy matrix.
A. upper left
B. upper right
C. low risk
D. lower right
4. According to Kohlberg’s model of cognitive moral development, people in the conventional stage conform to the
A. self-chosen ethical principles regardless of others.
B. expectations of ethical behavior held by groups or institutions.
C. personal self-interests of groups of people.
D. rules of government that lead people.
5. In which step of the planning process do managers identify the priorities and trade-offs among goals and plans?
A. Evaluation of goals and plans
B. Monitoring of goals and plans
C. Selection of goals and plans
D. Implementation of goals and plans
6. In the context of resources and core capabilities, the tangible assets of an organization include
A. company reputation.
C. technical knowledge.
D. real estate.
7. _______ is the process of evaluating all inputs and outputs, through the entire “cradle-to-grave” journey of a product, to determine the total environmental impact of its production and use.
A. Life cycle analysis
B. Compliance building
C. Ethnocentric management
D. Cost benefit analysis
8. In the context of the planning process, _______ are the targets or ends a manager wants to reach.
9. According to Kohlberg’s model of cognitive moral development, people in the _______ stage see beyond authority, laws, and norms and follow their self-chosen ethical principles.
10. A _______ strategy identifies the set of businesses, markets, or industries in which the organization competes and the distribution of resources among those businesses.
11. Resources are a source of competitive advantage only when they’re
A. equally available.
B. difficult to imitate.
12. A _______ plan is one that focuses on ongoing activities designed to achieve an enduring set of goals.
13. According to Kohlberg’s model of cognitive moral development, people in the _______ stage make decisions based on concrete rewards and punishments and immediate self-interest.
14. Which of the following may prevent the creation of a business climate conducive to unethical behavior?
A. A desire for “quick fix” solutions to ethical problems
B. Willingness to take an ethical stand that may impose financial costs
C. Failure to establish a written code of ethics
D. Consideration of ethics solely as a legal issue or a public relations tool
15. The _______ matrix isn’t a substitute for management judgment; it helps managers of businesses evaluate their strategy alternatives.
16. _______ is a competitive advantage in the form of relationships with other people and the image other people have of an entrepreneur.
A. Community standing
B. Quality of life
C. Social capital
17. In the context of starting an entrepreneurial venture, the first formal step is to
A. secure the finances.
B. get others to support one’s ideas.
C. write a business plan.
D. conduct an opportunity analysis.
18. A/An _______ is a new business having growth and high profitability as primary objectives.
A. angel-funded start-up
B. junior enterprise
C. entrepreneurial venture
19. In the context of successful business models for e-commerce, sites that pay commissions to other sites to drive business to their own sites involve the _______ model.
B. transaction fee
C. advertising support
20. How can an entrepreneur generate legitimacy?
A. By visibly conforming to expectations created by governments
B. By removing standards established by credentialing associations
C. By avoiding constructive criticism
D. By being risk-averse