Equal protection and public education essay
Equal protection and public education essay.
Due Date: Mar 15, 2017 23:59:59 Max Points: 120
Research the implications of equal protection for K-12 students within one of the following groups:
- Classifications based on English language learners;
- Classifications through ability grouping/tracking;
- Classifications in academic programs based on gender;
- Classifications in sports programs based on gender; and
- Classifications to assign students to specific schools for racial balance.
In a 500-750-word essay, address the following for the group that you have chosen:
- Summarize the factual background on how the students are classified;
- Identify the legal issues presented by these classifications; and
- Describe what equal protection requires.
Include at least five references in your essay. At least three of the five references should cite U.S. Supreme Court cases.