code of ethics from a public or non-profit organization
code of ethics from a public or non-profit organization.
Cooper, T. L. (2004). Big questions in administrative ethics: A need for focused collaborative effort. Public Administration Review, 64(4), 395-407.
Svara, J. H. (2014). Who are the keepers of the code? Articulating and upholding ethical standards in the field of public administration. Public Administration Review, (74)5, 561-569.
Unit IV Assignment
Unit IV focuses on code of ethics.
For the assignment, Evaluate and perform an “Ethics Audit” using the following expectations:
1. Identify the organization, and include a “copy” of the code of ethics in your report. The code of ethics content does not count for the 500-word evaluation.
2. The outline of the assessment will be in a (paragraph) narrative format.
3. Review and identify all general themes that involve conduct and behavior application to all employees.
4. What types of evidence or impressions exist (or do not exist) that high moral standards are included in the code of ethics?
5. Provide reflection and examples if the document is clearly or vaguely written.
6. Cite four examples if the tone of the document is generic in nature or more customized according to the organization’s mission.
7. Provide evidence of infractions or sanctions if certain behaviors are not followed.
8. Present examples (of codes) that outside stakeholders will be provided the same consistent moral standards as employee expectations in the organization.
9. Provide a comprehensive summary that includes the focus and scope of codes:
Are they narrowly written or extremely focused?
Are the coverage of topics too detailed, too broad, or balanced?
Do the codes include the depth and breadth of social responsibility, or are they focused only on the organization’s mission?
Is the clarity of the language used easy to follow and understand by all levels of employees? Your response should be at least 500 words in length in APA style. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations.